Login to your account

Shoutbox

Turn off/on Sound Smileys History FAQ Kide Chat
3:49-- KoiL: Hi guys, I see you have the GT Revival up. When are you running it? I'd love to join. I'm hosting the same over at xFactor each Sunday. Qualifying at 7PM.
3:53-- =Fieldzy=: Servers are up and running.
7:45-- =paps=: Btcc @Oran Park tonight. 7pm QLD time..see discord link below.
22:09-- =paps=: TONIGHT = Round 1, of the 2024 WTF series on AMS2, for all rF2 & AMS2 series details and more, join us on Discord- «link»
1:27-- =paps=: @KoiL - HARDCORE DISCORD- «link»
10:41-- KoiL: Next weekend I hope to be finished early :-)
10:35-- KoiL: Got the BTCC running. Keen 4 Laps :-)
3:19-- =paps=: Thanks mate.
3:14-- =Fieldzy=: «link»
3:14-- =Fieldzy=: No they are working now. tcc, btcc and m2
3:12-- =Fieldzy=: Live timing should be working by tomorrow.
11:02-- =VLGroupA=: Well then. new year is approaching very fast. I wish all +hardcore memebr a happy holidays and we will return in the new year for somew next level fun.
9:16-- -=[FDG]=-Goanna: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone, hope you all have a good and safe one.
22:29-- =paps=: Hardcore discord link below vvv
22:28-- =paps=: «link»
22:28-- =paps=: Great news Fieldz
20:29-- =Fieldzy=: Hi guys. I have moved into my new place. I should be back up and running in new year still sorting out my new location. Anyway just like to wish everyone a happy xmas to you and your families.
0:26-- =UleeDeway=: RACE DAY!!!
3:36-- =UleeDeway=: WTF race this Sunday 15th October.
23:29-- =paps=: Yeah saw this, great news...can't wait to see you back on track in the new year bro :D
4:53-- =Fieldzy=: «link»
4:52-- =Fieldzy=: Wow new rf2 online server are live. I’ll have to wait till next year. Rig is completely disassembled.
1:30-- =paps=: HARDCORE discord link below Blaktop
1:29-- =paps=: «link»
23:33-- GBarnier: Hey Blaktop, we have been trialling/using Discord. I see that you have joined and sent friend requests. If you jump onto the Lobby voice channel when you’re around, I or someone will jump in and give you the tour.
4:46-- Blaktop: What are you all using for communication these days. I can't find any info on what/where racing is happening. Tried to go on the server, don't have the cars/tracks, can't find where to get them....I'm lost... :D
23:55-- =UleeDeway=: WTF Racing in AMS2 this Sunday. Classic stock cars at classic Kylami.
7:58-- GBarnier: Steam sales back again :P
7:58-- GBarnier: I agree, commentary was fun. And, thanks for setting up race-view. Thanks Fieldzy, great to hear you back on the track.
21:10-- =paps=: Also a big thanks to Fieldz for driving the rF2 server and providing the LIVE commentary last night, was great fun mate.
10:26-- =paps=: Great turn out tonight, awesome track for side by side racing.
5:15-- =UleeDeway=: Thanks =Fieldzy= :)
2:57-- =paps=: Thanks mate.
2:34-- =Fieldzy=: All good I fix the problem
2:32-- =Fieldzy=: Is someone on the server ?
2:31-- =Fieldzy=: Live timing link «link»

Powered by Kide Shoutbox

Only registered users can send messages, register or login

Facebook

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Best settings for g25 and g27

Best settings for g25 and g27 11 years 4 months ago #52

• =Knuckles=
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
A good starting point for rF1...

GlobalProfiler.PNG

20rf1.PNG
Last Edit: 8 years 5 months ago by =Knuckles=.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Best settings for g25 and g27 10 years 9 months ago #770

• =Lildave=
  • ( Visitor )
If only I could take a photo of mine and post it...............?????
We are so far apart that I'm quite sure we get a completly different experience
from our sim racing.
Meaning more posts here can only benifit everybody in order to get the most out of
our racing.
Dave.

Best settings for g25 and g27 10 years 7 months ago #823

• juice
  • ( User )
  • Regular
please explain the difference the digital settings effect the pedals as i understand it they are analogue. i thought dig settings are for if you have buttons instead.
is this right or am i completely wrong.
cheers

Best settings for g25 and g27 10 years 7 months ago #826

• =Knuckles=
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
"please explain"

"i don't like it"

This is a technically exact explanation of the relationship between analogue controllers and digital rates.

It is a simple way to describe it that I use to explain/illustrate to the new players.

The analogue/digital war is very similar to an old wizened turtle being placed on top of a fence post on it's stomach shell. Anybody else who comes along afterwards is sure to see it stranded there and wonder...."will the turtle be there forever, unable to gain purchase with it's simple fore and hind legs". We don't know, so at this point it is safe to assume that it will be because then there is nothing not known.

Another way to explain it would be an easily distracting, added confusion so it is best to stick with the first version as most of the hard work has already been done.

Once you reach this point we have two carefully constructed and irrefutable premises for a conclusive result.

One:...the stranded turtle or "analogue controller" or "stranded turtle" if you will, is not going anywhere. It has a number of set points that it can gain "traction" or "reference" from and sitting on a post like it is, these do not change.

Two:...the first person to film the turtle flailing its seemingly useless and poorly designed stumpy "reference points" around and then upload the video to youtube has just become the "digital rate".

It is glaringly obvious at this point that as the uploader speeds up and slows down the footage or "analogue input" it will be interpreted differently by the people or "digital computer software" who are viewing the humorous and undignified attempts of the hapless turtle to free itself from certain doom.

In summary we can also blindly assume that a digital brake rate of 80% will require the analogue pedal to be pushed in further than it would when compared to a digital break rate of 20% to achieve the same break pressure being applied to the physics engine you are creating input for.

Furthermore, it is understood from that, that if you have to push the accelerator pedal more before you open the throttle body to a particular position because you run a higher digital rate, then you are less likely to accidentally give it too much throttle out of a corner and soil your britches as it breaks traction.

Conclusively, after much deliberation, it is thought that the addition of any more real data and further explanation at this point would likely be extremely difficult with no real data or further explanation to add to the data and explanations that have been already presented and it is important to remember that while reading a sentence this long is intriguing, it may just be an incredibly elaborate attempt to create a gigantic sentence worthy of rounding out the complicated ideas and philosophies which have been presented so simplistically, so far, for your enjoyment herein.

Knuckles
Last Edit: 10 years 1 week ago by =Knuckles=.

Best settings for g25 and g27 10 years 7 months ago #827

• juice
  • ( User )
  • Regular
oh right I see now, so I was right.
Thanks for clearing that up Knuckles :whistle:

Best settings for g25 and g27 8 years 6 months ago #2542

• =Knuckles=
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
A suggested starting point for anyone running a G27 in rFactor 2...

GlobalProfiler.PNG

The above profile makes all the hardware of your wheel available to the game...

20rf2.PNG

Note the min/max clutch setting so the clutch engages and disengages realistically...
Attachments:
Last Edit: 8 years 5 months ago by =Knuckles=.
The following user(s) said Thank You: =Fieldzy=

Best settings for g25 and g27 8 years 5 months ago #2626

• =Knuckles=
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
Revised slightly for recent build update...

It is important to increase the car specific ffb multiplier until it feels good. For me somewhere around 2.0 feels pretty good.
Last Edit: 8 years 4 months ago by =Knuckles=.
  • Page:
Moderators: =paps=

Who's Online

We have 32 guests and no members online

rFactor2

Copyright © 2024 =HARDCORE ONLINE GAMING=. All Right Reserve.
Partner of Joomla Perfect Templates